By Euro Weekly News Media • 09 March 2011 • 12:42
A BOLT of lightning caused severe damages to a house in Almayate, entering the main room before going through the rest of the house. The couple who were sleeping in the main bedroom were shocked to hear a loud bang as the bolt struck the foot of the bed, creating a three-metre hole and bringing down part of the ceiling.
It then moved to the other bedroom, which was unoccupied, and to the bathroom, before leaving the house, causing damages to the inside, terrace and their vehicle.
Firemen propped up part of the house and evacuated the residents.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.