By Annie Dabb • 01 August 2022 • 9:00
Image – hayfever: Sharomka/shutterstock
1. Ginger and turmeric taste great and work as inflammatory that prevent your respiratory airways from swelling so much. Grate or ground them into meals for extra flavour and protection
2. Citrus fruits and vegetables like peppers, berries and kiwis are rich in vitamin C which is useful for breaking down and excreting histamine, the compound responsible for your sneezing and itching!
3. Eating oily fish like salmon, mackeral and sardines regularly helps to limit the narrowing of your airways most likely due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Onions, cooked or raw, contain quercetin, a plant compound which serves as a natural antihistamine. Throw into salads or use as a base for stir-fries or curries.
5. Nettle tea is rich in vitamin C and can help reduce histamine levels. It’s also good for hydration so combine it into your daily drinking routine!
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
From Newcastle originally, Annie is based in Manchester and is a writer for the Euro Weekly News covering news and features.
Got a story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.